viernes, 7 de marzo de 2014

My reading statistics: 2013

I know is March and is already too late to think about a year wrap-up, but I thought I needed to do this, so I made some graphics. Let's see how I did in terms of diversity in 2013:

*I read 23 books in 2013
*From those 23 books, I read:

Author's nationality Number of books
Mexico 4
Argentina 3
Spain 2
Italy 1
US 6
Hungary 1
Germany 1
Great Britain 1
Brazil 1
France 1
Australia 1
South Corea 1





Author's gender Number of books
Men 19
Women 4





Books' language Number of books
Spanish 18
English 6




Even though I read a lot of authors from different parts of the world, it is quite obvious that my major influence the past year in terms of literature was from US authors, which I am not quite pleased with, I need more diversity. Also, without counting Australia I read 12 books of "Western authors" and 11 of authors from anywhere else. And to be honest, I am not doing any better this year, from the 5 books I had read so far, they all are US or British authors, so I have a little bit more than 9 months to change that, let's see if I make it.

In terms of gender, I am quite worried about, because I am not being equal enough, since 19 of the books I read were written by men and 4 by women. That is just terribly sad, and something I really need to start working on.

Finally, I read 18 books in Spanish and 6 books in English, this year though, I think I might be reading more in English.

I hope I can improve my reading statistics for this year, we'll find out next January.




No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario