viernes, 20 de junio de 2014

Thoughts on: Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth is a dystopian YA book, which centers in Beatrice, a teen girl that lives in a society divided in factions (5: Abnegation, Candor, Erudite, Amity and Dauntless). Each faction enhaces a particular virtue, for instance honesty, selfesness or bravery. Each year, the young people have to take a test and found out where their are better suited for, and then in a public ceremony, they are forced to choose the faction in which they will belong the rest of their lives.

Personal Opinion, Questions and  *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*:

*I feel like the political situation is not very well explained, even though it represents a very important and fundamental part of the story.
*I want to continue the series mainly because I wanna know more about how the society turned out to be like that, and what are they (and the city) guarding from?
*I appreciate the aspect of the mind control and the beginning of the factions being corrupted in their ideals
*However, something that really bothered me is that Caleb and Tris were so "ok" with their parents death, or that she interposed between Tobias and his dad, it was not her fight, and I think it was not justified for her to do that.

I believe I gave Divergent 3 out of 5 stars in Goodreds. Not my favorite thing but I think I'll read Insurgent despite of it.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario