lunes, 7 de julio de 2014

My thoughts on: Eleanor and Park

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell is a magnificent piece of young adult literature. It follows two amazing characters (Eleanor and Park, duuh) while they are in high school. It all begins in the school bus, a place where they met, and gives birth to an unexpected relationship.

They both come from very different places, and they both have past so different. Park has almost a perfect family, with their loving parents and their pretty home. On the other hand, Eleanor has suffered from a series of unfortunate and cruel situations that make her who she is. However, they both have common things, and a misfit story is told. 

Personal opinion (SPOILERS): 

*At first, when I read the Prologue, I thought she was dead. Thank god I was wrong. 

*What I think gives so much to the story is the fact that is narrated through Park's POV and Eleanor's POV simultaneously. 

*She might have a broken home and a bunch of dark experiences, but she is quite relatable. 

*I had a lot of "aww" times reading this book, there were parts that melted my heart (although there are also parts that make me feel so frustrated and mad at some of this characters). 

*I reeeeeallllyy liked Park, I think he was so sweet and thoughtful (I fell in love with him). And also I liked how sarcastic and funny Eleanor is. 

*The topics this book talks about are so serious and so true, from bullying, gender prejudices, home abuse, etc. Both had to deal with some heavy stuff in their young lives. 

*I loved the writing style of Rainbow Rowell. I am totally picking up some of her other books (I hope soon). 

*I did not see coming that Richie was the one writing perv things in Eleanor books, I was shocked and mad, and felt such a repulsion for him, I wanted to kill him. 

*Turns out Steve and Tina were not as bad as they thought. Even bad kids could be good in serious life mess. 

*Finally, I am totally going with the Goodreads theory that those 3 words were not "I love you", but "I'm coming back" with the postcard thing and stuff. I hope so. Also, I have seen a couple of tweets and posts in tumblr where Rainbow says she is not done with E&P, and she might right them some time in the future. If she does, I am totally buying that. 

Totally a 5 out of 5 rating for me. 



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario